Meeting on Saturday, February 8th, 2003
Date : Saturday, 8th February 2003 Time : 4:30 PM Venue: 251A/59A N.S.C Bose Road, Kolkata – 700047. Agenda:
1. 4:30 PM - 4:45 PM - Introductions
2. 5 PM - 5:30 PM - Understanding & Troubleshooting Dual Booting
* To cover: Basics of Linux partitioning schemes, Filesystems, the bootup sequence, Bootloaders - LILO/GRUB, how to install them, fixing the bootloader after Win9x install has munged it during a Windows reinstall. Preparing for a basic disaste recovery method.
* Target Audience: Beginners/New Users/Intermediate Users
* By Tathagata Banerjee
3. 5: 30 PM - 6:15 PM - Introducing JpGraph – Dynamic Charting using PHP & GD
* A brief look at PHP – the scripting language the web run on. Pros and cons of PHP. Introduction to the GD library. Looking at advances charting/graphing technique using opensource PHP & GD through the JpGraph PHP class library . Brief comparison between various options available in the market. Meant mostly for people developing web-based frontends to application, or just interested to understand the various capacities of PHP.
* Target Audience: Intermediate/Advanced Users/Programmers
* By Indranil Das Gupta
4. 6:15 PM – 6:45 PM - Extreme Programming and OpenSource Development Paradigm
* Introduction to XP methodology. Collaboration models for OSS projects. Beginning an OSS project; applying XP techniques to manage OSS projects.
* Target Audience: General/Developers
* By Sankarshan Mukherjee
5. 6:45 PM – 7:30 PM - Interactive/BoF* Session
* BoF == Birds of Feather, discussion groups centered around common interest areas. Directions: By Auto/Bus from Tollygunge Tram depot/Metro stn –> take an auto to Garia, get down at Naktala Post Office, the fare is 4/-. Once you have reached Naktala PO, you should find a golli (lane) going in, bang opposite the PO. come down that golli… the place where the lane diverges in left & right directions there is a building on the corner plot of the intersection. The building is 4 storied, with pink-sandstone colored finish. There is a glass gate on the ground-floor, the door has SENBO written on it (with the SENBO logo). Tell the security that you are there for LUG meeting and he’ll let you in. Come up to 2nd floor.. Call me at 98300-20971 for directions in case you are lost (a very unlikely event). In case you are coming from Garia side, take an auto to Tollygunge, and as mentioned earlier get down at Naktala PO. The fare is Rs. 2.50/- Requirements for meeting Someone to volunteer a comp for the demostration and slides. LCD projector white screen. Map Map”